|B.T. Brown Park and Reservoir
|• B.T. Brown Park Pavilion and Reservoir
The Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority operates the 300+ acre B.T. Brown Reservoir, primarily for the production of drinking water, but its peaceful waters and pastoral shores are also a wonderful attraction for residents and visitors who want to enjoy the great outdoors. Fishing is permitted on the waters, and a park and pavilion on the shore provides a great location for family picnics, reunions or just a day out. The reservoir and park are at 621 S Alexander Creek Road Newnan, GA 30263.
• Fishing (Permit required)
B.T. Brown reservoir is accessible to all Coweta County Residents with a few requirements:
1. Reservoir opens at 8 a.m. and closes at sunset or posted time.
2. You must be a Coweta County resident
3. You can only fish from a boat
4. Your boat can only use an electric trolling motor or paddles. Gas motors can be on boats,
but must be in the “up” position.
5. No rubber or vinyl rafts allowed
6. 20 boat maximum for boats
7. No gasoline tanks are permitted on the reservoir
To obtain a permit, you must go to the Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority at 545 Corinth Rd., Newnan, Georgia 30263. Boating permits go on sale in January. The cost of the permit will be $40 and the term of the permit will be from January 1 through December 31 of the current year.
The Pavilion has 3 connected shaded areas with picnic tables and restroom accessibility. The Pavilion area has swings and multiple playground areas for children. The Pavilion is accessible to all Coweta County residents with a few requirements:
1. Pavilion opens at 8 a.m. and closes at sunset or posted time.
2. You can reserve the Pavilion for a local event by contacting the Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority at 545 Corinth Rd., Newnan, Georgia 30263,
For a list of the rules and regulations for use of the park pavilion or the reservoir, click on the links below:
BT Brown Park Pavilion Rules and Regulations
BT Brown Reservoir Rules and Regulations